Sunday, December 7, 2008

Destination: California

For Thanksgiving Break, Casey and I, along with our friends Nate and Camille, decided to take a much needed vacation to the happiest place on Earth - Disneyland! It was so much fun! We started the vacation off by flying into the Long Beach Airport because it was closest to Disneyland and what an airport it was, or should I say some sort of quadruple-wide trailer with razor-wire at the top of the fences.
From there, we rented a car and were off to Disneyland/California Adventure. It had been a long time since either of us had been there, so we both felt like little kids experiencing Disneyland for the first time. A few of our favorite rides were Space Mountain, The Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror), California Screamer, and of course Splash Mountain! Starting the day before we got there, Disneyland decorated for the Holidays. It was a magical winter wonderland for sure. The princess' castle and "It's a Small World" looked amazing with all of the lights.


While in California, we also went to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and Universal Studios. I loved the animals, especially the polar bears at the zoo and the shows at Sea World. We were able to see Shamu, the Dolphin Show and Clyde and Seamore (the sea lion and otter). We also liked the tour of the lots at Universal Studios as well as the Jurassic Park and the Mummy rides.

Overall, it was an AWESOME vacation that brought the kid out in both of us!


6 comments:

Kaeli & Kyle said...

That sounds so fun! I have been waiting for a post :)

BLnKMcH said...

I totally just added you to my blog! See you at the clinger party!
brittany

Logan and Lisa said...

Andrea- You never told me you had a blog. I'm glad you do because even though we live across from each other I have no idea what you guys are ever up to now that we are in a different ward. It is pretty sad that we never hang out-we seriously need to. Anyway looks like you guys had a blast in Cali-you lucky girl. Keep in touch!

Lusks in LOVE said...

yay!!! You blogged:) so fun:) Love ya and- I'm glad we are sis-in-law!!!

Baird Family said...

hey i am putting a block on my blog so send me your adress and i will add you!

Anonymous said...

Fun!!! It's had to come back to the real world after a trip like that isn't it!